The bending process is a deformation operation which allows giving the sheet a certain curvature. The plate bending machine run this process, which allows the passage of the metal sheets in two, three or four rolls machines and according to the pinching, the correct positioning of the rolls and their rotation, and all this can take place manually from control desk or with numerical control, they generate cylindrical pipes, conical or polycentric shapes of different thicknesses. Plate bending has become more of a CNC-supported operation.
Plate bending machine can be fed and controlled in many ways. Older plate mills are driven by electric motors, and newer ones are driven by programs loaded into the CNC controller.
STRUCTURE OF THE MACHINE:
The tie panels are made of steel/plate tested and shaped to the required shapes. These panels are attached to the bolts on the side frames.
The basic structure of the machine consists of two side frames and tie panels.
The side frames (HS frame and TS frame) are made from alloy steel sheets that have been ultrasonically tested. They are cut to their respective shapes and combined with zigs and specially prepared fixtures.
They are welded under strict quality control and after full welding, they are passed through the stress-relieving process. All welded parts are properly ground and rid of sharp edges. 4 nos. of cylinders of main cylinders, swing arm cylinder, swing arm, centralized lubrication pump assembly.
The annular port of these cylinders is the oil from the feed system through PCR valves. These PCR valves feed the system oil at a lower pressure.
Harden guides, top roll supporting arrangement called counter balance system are placed in or supported by these side frames. These side frames are HS Frame and TS Frame. The swingarm is fixed in TS Frame (swing arm is part of TS Frame).
The machine has four main systems and they listed as follows:
• Electronic synchronization of roll parallelism
• The highest degree of bending of the edges can be achieved
• Edge bending is possible for both ends after or before the rolling operation
• It can pre-pinch and roll the plate without removing it from the machine after the first insertion
• Inclined movement of bottom rollers offers greater bending range as plate thickness increases and better adhesion for thinner plates
• Energy saving is ensured in machines by a hydraulic system which can work at less than full capacity when jobs less than maximum thickness are rolled
• The easy-to-understand hydraulic and electrical system reduces downtime
• Spare parts are rarely needed and easily available
• In large machines, planetary gearboxes are driven by several hydraulic motors, ensuring a balanced torque transmission.
• Coaxial planetary gear drive
• All 6 rollers are automatically lubricated by a centralized lubrication system with timer
• Tropicalized oil cooling system ensures nonstop working
• Complete overload protection
• Convenient centralized controls
• Integrated cone folding without any additional fixation
• Many shapes such as oil tankers and elliptical shells can be made